The CBSA Trusted Traveller Declaration Card is no longer accepted
The CBSA no longer accepts the Trusted Traveller Declaration Card.
About the program
The Commercial Driver Registration Program (CDRP) makes it easier for commercial freight transporters to pass through customs into Canada from the United States (U.S.). This program offers efficient and effective clearance to low-risk goods and pre-approved importers, carriers and commercial drivers.
The CDRP is one of three components required for membership in the Customs Self-Assessment program (CSA), which involves:
CDRP-registered drivers can carry goods for carriers who participate in the CSA program.
- faster border crossing into Canada
- extended participation in other programs like the FAST program, which provides dedicated lanes (where available) in Canada and the U.S., and faster customs and immigration processing
The following may apply for the CDRP:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents; or
- Citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. who meet visitor requirements.
To qualify for CDRP, applicants must:
- Complete the application;
- Be admissible to Canada and have no criminal record that has not been pardoned;
- Not have violated customs or immigration laws; or
- Be deemed to be of good character, meaning that the CBSA is confident you will comply with program obligations.
As CDRP participating members, drivers are required to adhere to a number of responsibilities and requirements to maintain their membership.
The CBSA has resumed the processing of CDRP applications. Expired memberships will no longer be accepted after . CDRP members who wish to continue to use the program must submit a new renewal application as soon as possible.
If you submitted an application after , you do not need to re-submit a new application.
If you have any questions on enrolment or the program, please contact the Canadian Processing Centre:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST (except holidays)
- Date modified: