Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: March 20, 2020
Prime Minister announces Canada–U.S. joint initiative on non-essential travel.
If you develop a fever, a cough or difficulty breathing, call a health care professional or public health authority.
Canadians are asked to avoid non-essential travel outside Canada. For the latest and most up-to-date information, visit Canada.ca/coronavirus or contact the coronavirus information line at 1-833-784-4397.
Canadian border information and services for non-Canadians visiting, settling in or doing business with Canada.
Plan your trip across the border
- Current border wait times
- Use the CanBorder app to help plan your next cross-border trip
- Border and contact information
- Reporting requirements for private boaters
- Private Vessel Remote Clearance Pilot Project
- CBSA Cruise Ship Clearance Procedures
- Reporting requirements for non-commercial aircraft
What to expect at the border
- Paying duties and taxes
- Personal exemption amounts
- Duty and taxes estimator
- Secondary inspections
- Examination of digital devices
Save time at the border
- Automated Border Clearance Kiosks
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)
- Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology
- Date modified: