Notice: COVID-19 update (): Temporary closures
In response to COVID-19, all NEXUS/FAST Enrollment Centres will remain closed until at least .
To reschedule your appointment, please log into your online Trusted Traveller Program (TTP) System account.
NEXUS/FAST members who submitted an application for membership renewal prior to the expiry date on the card will maintain their membership for 18 months beyond the expiry date.
The Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program is a commercial clearance program designed to ensure safety and security while expediting legitimate trade across the Canada-United States (U.S.) border.
- Dedicated lanes (where available) for faster and more efficient border clearance;
- Reduces delivery times and landed costs of imports;
- Minimal documentation required to clear the border;
- Increases certainty at the border, resulting in fewer delays;
- If you are a citizen of Canada or the U.S., you can use your FAST membership card as proof of identity and a document that denotes citizenship when entering Canada in all highway lanes, including regular, non-dedicated lanes, as well as by water.
Dedicated FAST lanes are located at:
- Sarnia, ON / Port Huron, MI
- Pacific Highway, BC / Blaine, WA
- Fort Erie, ON
- Emerson, MB
- Windsor, ON / Detroit, MI (PIP only are not accepted at this lane at this time)
Validity and cost
The FAST membership card for drivers is valid for five years. Members must continue to meet all the terms and conditions of the program and comply with all applicable laws and regulations
The non-refundable FAST processing fee for drivers is US$50. There is no fee for FAST carriers or importers.
- Date modified: