- Review the information below
- Complete the CDRP Application Form
- Verify that you have included all the required documentation and information.
- Send your completed application and all documents to the Customs Processing Centre
If your application is approved, the CBSA will inform you where to pick up your Commercial Driver Registration Program-Participant's Guide and have your photo taken.
When you pick up your CDRP participant's package and have your photo taken, you must bring the originals of the documents you sent with your application.
Your photo registration card will be mailed to you at the address on your application form.
Include photocopies of the following documents with your application:
- Your valid driver's licence; and
- Proof of citizenship (e.g., a photocopy of your birth certificate, citizenship card, naturalization certificate or passport) if you are a Canadian or United States citizen;
Proof of legal residence (e.g., a photocopy of your record of landing or valid permanent resident card) if you are a lawful permanent resident of Canada or the United States.
Note: Do not send original documents. The CBSA will keep the copies with your application.
Use of Personal Information
The Canada Border Services Agency is committed to protecting personal information.
The CBSA uses personal information to determine eligibility for this program. The agency shares the information with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), to establish admissibility. The CBSA will not disclose your details to anyone except those who require it to determine eligibility.
The CDRP application form outlines why the information is being collected and how applicants can exercise their right to access that information.
If you do not believe that your privacy has been adequately respected, contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
- Date modified: