Commercial Payments and Accounts
Correcting transactions posted to an incorrect business number

Commercial clients are responsible for providing accurate information to the CBSA, as stated in the Customs Act. Not doing so could cause delays in releasing shipments and result in penalties.

As a custom broker or importer, you should verify your daily notices and statements of account for accuracy.

To correct transactions posted to incorrect business numbers, refer to Bulletin 16 – correcting B3s Posted to the Wrong BN15.

Register activities, make changes or close your Business Number (BN) or import/export (RM) account

Contact the Canada Revenue Agency's Business Window at 1-800-959-5525 to:

  • register activities
  • make changes to your account
  • close your account

Changes to your business can be made by the business owner or by an authorized representative.

For more information on accounting override procedures, review Memorandum D17-1-5.

Date modified: