1. This notice is to advise that the amendments made to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff (Tariff) available on the CBSA website (2021-3) are now also active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS).
2. As a result of the Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement (CUKTCA), effective , qualifying goods originating from the United Kingdom including the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, and the Isle of Man may be claimed under the United Kingdom Tariff (UKT), tariff treatment code 34.
3. Effective May 10, 2021 importers of qualifying goods will no longer be able to utilize Special Authority Code number 21-1-85 to benefit from the correct duties and will need to complete their B3-3, Canada Customs Coding Form in the regular fashion, inserting the UKT code in Field 14 “Tariff Treatment”.
4. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling for tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3 Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, available on the CBSA website.
5. For more information, call the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply): 1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064
Or contact us online: Client support contact form
Still need help?
- Date modified: