Contact border information services
August 9 border changes
American citizens and permanent residents of the United States, who currently reside in the U.S. and who qualify as fully vaccinated travellers, will be able to enter Canada for discretionary travel starting .
Unless eligible, other foreign nationals can’t enter Canada at this time.
We are happy to provide information on CBSA programs, services and initiatives. In return, we ask that all interactions with our agents be conducted in a respectful and appropriate manner. Questions related to specific individuals and or businesses, including third party requests cannot and will not be answered.
Top inquiries about COVID-19
- COVID-19: Entering Canada requirements checklist
- Assistance with COVID-19 travel restrictions and requirements
- Find out if you can enter Canada
- Vaccinated travellers entering Canada
- Compassionate entry for travellers and limited release from quarantine
- Visitors, foreign workers and students
- Mandatory quarantine or isolation
Top inquiries about CBSA programs, services and initiatives
Contact us online
We will not respond to any submissions that contain attachments or links due to security measures. Submissions that contain profanity will also not be addressed.
Client support contact form
Our automated telephone service provides information in English and French on CBSA programs, services and initiatives through recorded scripts.
Live agents are available:
- Monday to Friday from 7 am to 8 pm ET
- Saturday, Sunday and Federal statutory holidays from 10 am to 6 pm ET
Note: Commercial enquires will only be addressed Monday through Friday (excluding Federal statutory holidays).
Within Canada and the United States
TTY (for those with hearing or speech impairments)
Outside Canada and the United States
Long distance charges apply
Recorded menu options
From a rotary-dial phone, you will be automatically transferred to an agent at the end of the recorded menu if you call during business hours.
When using a touch-tone phone, you must choose one of the following four options before pressing 0 to speak to an agent.
- Personal travel
- CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management project (CARM)
- Business importation/exportation
- Exchange rates
- Coming or returning to Canada
You can use the following commands at any time during the recorded message.
- Press "star" * to return to the previous menu
- Press "pound" # to repeat the message
Canada Border Services Agency
Border Information Services (BIS)
Service description: Provide the option to speak with a BIS agent by pressing 0 during regular business hours.
Service standard: BIS agents will aim to answer calls within 5 minutes (300 seconds) from the moment the client presses 0 to speak with an agent.
Performance target: 75%
Performance result for fiscal year 2019 to 2020 (for service standard of 60 seconds): The BIS agents answered 370,824 calls and met the service standard 75.7% of the time.
For more information on all service standards and performance results for previous years, consult the CBSA Service Standards.