Contact border information services
Exemptions ending for certain travellers entering Canada
Effective , some foreign national travellers who were previously allowed to enter Canada without being fully vaccinated will now be required to be fully vaccinated in order to enter Canada. There will also be changes to testing and quarantine exemptions for certain travellers, regardless of citizenship, entering Canada.
COVID-19: Global travel advisory
Effective : Avoid non-essential travel outside Canada, regardless of your vaccination status. Omicron travel health notice
We are happy to provide information on CBSA programs, services and initiatives. In return, we ask that all interactions with our agents be conducted in a respectful and appropriate manner. Questions related to specific individuals and or businesses, including third party requests cannot and will not be answered.
Top inquiries about COVID-19
- COVID-19: Entering Canada requirements checklist
- Assistance with COVID-19 travel restrictions and requirements
- COVID-19 testing for travellers
- COVID-19 vaccinated travellers entering Canada
- Compassionate entry for travellers and limited release from quarantine
- Visitors, foreign workers and students
- Mandatory quarantine or isolation
Top inquiries about CBSA programs, services and initiatives
- NEXUS (card, renewal)
- CERS (Canadian Export Reporting System) Portal
- Customs Tariff 2021
- Log in to eManifest
- Estimate duty and taxes
- CARM (CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management project)
- Importing and exporting a firearm or weapon into Canada
- Importing or traveling with pets
- Importing a vehicle
- Scams and fraud
Contact us online
We will not respond to any submissions that contain attachments or links due to security measures. Submissions that contain profanity will also not be addressed.
Client support contact form
We are currently receiving higher than normal volumes of inquiries online. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please contact us by phone at 1-800-461-9999 (toll-free in Canada and the USA).
Warning: Scams and fraud
Our automated telephone service provides information in English and French on CBSA programs, services and initiatives through recorded scripts.
Live agents are available:
- Monday to Friday from 7 am to 8 pm ET
- Saturday, Sunday and Federal statutory holidays from 10 am to 6 pm ET
Note: Commercial inquires will only be addressed Monday through Friday (excluding Federal statutory holidays).
Within Canada and the United States
Warning: Scammers may call you from what appears to be this number (Caller ID spoofing) and identify themselves as CBSA officers. Learn more: Protect yourself against fraud.
TTY (for those with hearing or speech impairments)
Outside Canada and the United States
Long distance charges apply
Recorded menu options
From a rotary-dial phone, you will be automatically transferred to an agent at the end of the recorded menu if you call during business hours.
When using a touch-tone phone, you must choose one of the following five options before pressing 0 to speak to an agent.
- Personal travel
- CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management project (CARM)
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm ET
- Business importation/exportation
- Exchange rates
- Coming or returning to Canada
You can use the following commands at any time during the recorded message.
- Press "star" * to return to the previous menu
- Press "pound" # to repeat the message
Canada Border Services Agency
Fiscal year , to
Border Information Services (BIS)
Service description: Provide the option to speak with a BIS agent by pressing 0 during regular business hours.
Service standard: BIS agents will aim to answer calls within 5 minutes (300 seconds) from the moment the client presses 0 to speak with an agent.
Performance target: 75%
Performance result: The BIS agents answered 735,645 calls and met the service standard 46.6% of the time.
For more information on all service standards and performance results for previous years, consult the CBSA service standards.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: