1. Currently, section 23 of the Presentation of Persons (2003) Regulations provides individuals subject to a suspension or cancellation of an authorization issued pursuant to section 11.1 of the Customs Act, or those denied an application for such an authorization, 30 days to request a review of that decision.
2. This notice announces that the Canada Border Services Agency proposes to implement a new length of time to request a review of such decisions and also announces proposed regulatory amendments to the Presentation of Persons (2003) Regulations to reflect the new timeframe.
3. The purpose of this proposal is to provide more consistency between the review process for those decisions found in the Presentation of Persons (2003) Regulations and other enforcement actions provided for in the Customs Act.
4. More specifically, the Customs Act provides in sections 127.1 and 129 that a person may request a "Review of Seizure, Ascertained Forfeiture or Penalty Assessment" within 90 days after the date of the enforcement action.
5. Therefore, the proposed amendment will increase the length of time to request for review for a rejection, suspension or cancellation pursuant to section 23 of the Presentation of Persons (2003) Regulations from 30 days to 90 days for decisions issued on or after .
6. The proposed amendments will be effective for decisions issued on or after .
7. Should you have any questions regarding this customs notice, please contact: TrustedTPs-PVFiables@cbsa.gc.ca
8. As of , all requests for review of a decision can be submitted on a CBSA Appeal Form online, or by mail:
- Recourse Directorate
Canada Border Services Agency
333 North River Rd, Tower A, 11th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8
- Date modified: