Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) Rules of Origin
Ottawa, April 15, 2014
This document is also available in PDF (47 KB) [help with PDF files]
1. This memorandum has been revised in order to provide a link to the official version of the Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) Rules of Origin Regulations. The CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum.
2. The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
This memorandum provides a link to the Department of Justice for the official version of the CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations that are used to determine the entitlement of goods to preferential tariff treatment under the CEFTA.
CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
Guidelines and General Information
1. Annex C – Rules of Origin and Administrative Co-operation of CEFTA contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
2. Appendix I to Annex C of CEFTA, the Product Specific Rules of Origin, sets out the specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
3. For more information, call contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
Contact Us online (webform)
Contact Us at the CBSA website
- Issuing office:
- Trade and Anti-dumping Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
- CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
- Other references:
- Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA)
Annex C – Rules of Origin and Administrative Co-operation
Appendix I to Annex C
- Superseded memorandum D:
- D11-5-7 dated March 12, 2010
- Date modified: