Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff
Customs Notice 21-22
Ottawa, November 30, 2021
1. This notice is to advise of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Custom Tariff including amendments made for the purpose of improving Canada’s import monitoring regime with respect to steel products. The Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff now available on the CBSA website.
2. The 2022-1 Tariff reflects changes, additions and deletions to preambles and classification numbers provided by Statistics Canada in Chapters 72 and 73, and reflects minor changes to chapters 27, 39, 42, 44, 63 and 85. These will be all effective January 1, 2022.
3. The changes to the classification numbers are identified, in the PDF version of the Tariff on the CBSA website, by a change bar in the left margin. Please note that there are no change bars in the HTML version. For the Access files, the changes are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
4. A concordance table at the 10-digit level prepared by Statistics Canada is provided on the CBSA website for ease of reference.
5. Please note the CADEX file in T2022-1 Customs Tariff includes all the information for both T2022 Customs Tariff and T2022-1 Customs Tariff.
6. The amendments to the Customs Tariff schedule will take effect on . All changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) at that time.
7. For more information, call the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
Contact Us at the CBSA website may also be accessed for information.
- Date modified: