Update to the Customs Commercial System for Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff
Customs Notice 21-11
Ottawa, May 3, 2021
Revised, May 10, 2021
1. The purpose of this notice is to advise that the Customs Commercial System is now active with the amendments based on Customs Notice 21-11 Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, made available on the CBSA website on May 3, 2021.
2. The following amendments to Chapters 73 and 86 (effective April 23, 2021) are now reflected in the Customs Commercial System:
|Classification Number||Change Type|
3. The changes are identified in the PDF version of the Tariff (2021-4) on the CBSA website by a change bar in the left margin. Please note that there are no change bar indicators in the HTML version. For the Access files, the changes are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
4. A concordance table at the 10-digit level prepared by Statistics Canada is provided on the CBSA website for ease of reference.
5. As a result of this amendment, importers may be eligible for a refund of the duties paid on importations made on these particular items. Refund claims are to be made in accordance with the provisions of Section 74 of the Customs Act, using a Form B2, Canada Customs – Adjustment Request.
6. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling on tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3 - Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, available on the CBSA website.
7. For more information, call the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply): 1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
Or contact us online: Client support contact form
Still need help?
- Date modified: