1. The Canada Border Services Agency decommissioned the legacy Other Government Department (OGD) release service options OGD PARS (SO463) and OGD RMD (SO471) on .
2. As of , release requests submitted using the OGD legacy service options will be rejected with an error message of “Invalid Function Type Code”. Transactions that are submitted using these service options prior to that date will still be processed.
3. The chart below outlines the release service options that will be available for clients following the decommissioning of the legacy OGD release service options:
|PGA / Program||Release Service Options Post-Decommissioning|
|Canadian Food Inspection Agency – all programs.
Natural Resources Canada (Office of Energy Efficiency)
Transport Canada (Tires)
SWI IID (SO911)
Note: During a system outage or for those entries that cannot be submitted using the SWI IID (e.g. more than 999 lines) then the following service options may be used:
PAPER PARS (SO117)
|Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
Environment and Climate Change Canada*
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Global Affairs Canada**
Natural Resources Canada (Explosives and Diamonds)
Public Health Agency of Canada
Transport Canada (Vehicles)
EDI PARS (SO125)
Note: If the shipment requires submission of an LPCO, then the above two service options cannot be used.
PAPER PARS (SO117)
Co-regulated with CFIA, Transport Canada (Tires Program only), or Natural Resources Canada (Energy Efficiency Program only) = SWI IID (SO911)
Note: If the SWI IID (SO911) is being utilized all required data elements must be submitted for all regulated commodities regardless of which PGA regulates the goods.
* PAPER PARS (SO117) cannot be used to obtain release of CITES controlled goods.
** EDI PARS (SO125) and EDI RMD (SO257) can be used to obtain release of goods that are being monitored and controlled by an Order in Council (e.g. specialty steel).
4. For information about the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) registration/certification process contact the CBSA’s Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively reach out to your service provider to discuss the testing process and how to become involved.
For information about the Single Window Initiative (SWI), contact the SWI Generic Mailbox at email@example.com or visit CBSA’s SWI webpage.
- Date modified: