Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff
Customs Notice 20-02
Ottawa, January 15, 2020
1. This is to advise of an amendment to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. Effective , Section Note XI of the Customs Tariff has been updated to give effect to Article 317 of the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement, Short Supply Notes, as per Order in Council number, SOR 2020-10.
3. An amended version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, reflecting this change, is published on the CBSA website.
4. Please note that the Order in Council, SOR 2020-10, will be published in the edition of the Canada Gazette.
5. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling on tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3 - Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, which is found on the CBSA website.
6. For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except statutory holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: