1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is amending the decommissioning date of the legacy Other Government Department (OGD) Release Service Options OGD Pre-Arrival System (PARS) (SO463) and OGD Release on Minimum Documentation (RMD) (SO471), to .
2. The CBSA is extending the decommissioning date from to due to the delayed publication of Addendum (v 4.0) of the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document (ECCRD), Single Window Initiative (SWI), Integrated Import Declaration (IID) and implementation of the associated system changes that are required before decommissioning can occur.
3. Clients that continue to use the legacy OGD release service options (SO463 and SO471) may experience delays in the processing of their shipment. As such, clients that have completed the onboarding process are encouraged to utilize the SWI IID (SO911) for all OGD release requests.
4. Any clients importing or planning to import OGD regulated goods to Canada that have not yet onboarded to the SWI IID (SO911) are encouraged to do so immediately.
5. For information about the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) registration/certification process contact the CBSA’s Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively reach out to your customs service provider to discuss the testing process and how to become involved.
6. For additional information about the Single Window Initiative (SWI), please contact the SWI Generic Mailbox at email@example.com or visit CBSA’s SWI webpage.
- Date modified: