1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of an amendment to the version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. As a result of the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership Tariff (CPTPP) Agreement, the following additions and deletions have been made to the following tariff classifications:
|Classification Number||Change Type|
3. All changes to the classification numbers are identified in the Tariff (PDF format) on the CBSA website by a change bar in the left margin. Please note there are no change bar indicators in the HTML version. For the Access files the changes are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
4. All changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) beginning .
5. The annual January 1st version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff contains significant structure changes from Finance Canada and Statistics Canada and will be posted on the CBSA website in mid-December. A concordance table will be available with these changes.
6. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling for tariff classification. Details on submitting a request for an advance ruling can be found in the Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification.
7. Importers who are in possession of a tariff classification advance ruling should review the changes in Tariff Amendment T2018-3 to determine if the tariff classification number of the goods under their existing ruling is still valid. Where the tariff classification of a good under a ruling letter is no longer valid, importers may submit a request to the CBSA office where the original ruling was issued for an affirmation of the ruling. Should the Advance Ruling no longer be valid, a modified ruling will be issued by the CBSA confirming the correct tariff classification number.
8. For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time / except statutory holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: