1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) announced the intention to decommission the legacy release service options (SO) Other Government Departments (OGD) PARS (SO463) and OGD RMD (SO471) by April 1, 2018.
2. Since that announcement, the CBSA has been tracking trade chain partner (TCP) on-boarding and transaction volumes for the Single Window Initiative (SWI) Integrated Import Declaration (IID) (SO911) and based on this data has concluded that an amendment to the timeline for decommissioning is required.
3. The deadline to on-board to the SWI IID (SO911) is extended to January 1, 2019. By this date, all existing clients are expected to have completed testing and be certified to transmit via the SWI IID (SO911).
4. To support the transition to the SWI IID (SO911), the deadline to sunset legacy OGD release service options (SO463 and SO471) is extended to April 1, 2019.
5. Clients that have on-boarded to the SWI IID (SO911) but continue to use the legacy OGD release service options (SO463 and SO471) after December 31, 2018 may experience delays in the processing of their shipment. As such, clients that have completed the on-boarding process are encouraged to utilize the SWI IID (SO911) for all OGD release requests.
6. For information about the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) registration/certification process contact the CBSA’s Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by e-mail email@example.com or alternatively reach out to your service provider to discuss the testing process and how to become involved. For information about the Single Window Initiative (SWI), contact the SWI Generic Mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit CBSA’s SWI webpage.
- Date modified: