Administrative Burden Baseline: Update
The Administrative Burden Baseline provides Canadians with a clear metric on the total number of requirements in federal regulations and associated forms that impose administrative burden on business. This baseline contributes to the openness and transparency of the federal regulatory system.
All federal regulations administered by the Canada Border Services Agency that have requirements that impose administrative burden on business are identified below. The total 2021 count is 1284. The total June 30, 2014 baseline count is 1426.
The Administrative Burden Baseline count for 2022 remained the same as the count for 2021. The Canada Border Services Agency did not have any regulatory proposals that were published during the specified period that imposed administrative burden on business.
Previous years' counts for the Canada Border Services Agency are available upon request.
Regulatory Affairs Unit
Strategic Policy Branch
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Digitalization and Technology-Neutral Regulations Roadmap
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: