A link to the Portable Document Format (PDF) of this form is provided below. The content of the form is duplicated in HTML following the PDF link.
- Legal Business Name
- Operating Name
- CBSA Carrier Code
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- Email Address
- Original Cargo Control Number / House Bill Number
- Corrected Cargo Control Number / House Bill Number
- Original Conveyance Reference Number
- Corrected Conveyance Reference Number
- Housebill Close Message Adjustment
- CSA Indicator (see instructions) - Add / Delete
- Cargo Control Number / House Bill Number to be deleted
- Conveyance Reference Number to be deleted
- Reason for Request
- I certify that I am authorized by the company and the information on this form and in any attached documentation is, to the best of my knowledge, true and complete.
- Name of Signatory (print)
- Position/Title and Company Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Third Party Consent (optional – please use only if representative is involved)
- I (Signature Authorized Officer) authorize (Consultant name) to act on our behalf in all matters relating to this request. This authorization is valid until written notice from (Authorized Officer) is received.
The information you provide in this document is collected under the authority of Subsection 12(2) of the Customs Act and Section 4 of the Reporting of Imported Goods Regulations for the purposes of facilitating corrections/adjustments to previous declarations made under Subsection 12(1) of the Customs Act. The information may be disclosed within the CBSA for the purposes of compliance verification, risk management and law enforcement/investigation.
Failure to provide the requested information on this form may result in the rejection of the correction/adjustment request. Individuals have the right of access to and/or can make corrections of their personal information under the Privacy Act. The information collected is described within Info Source under the eManifest Personal Information Bank CBSA PPU 048 which is detailed at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca.
- Corrections to a transmission must be made by the client as soon as it is known. Clients can make corrections at any time prior to the arrival of the conveyance.
- This form is to be used in all modes by carriers, freight forwarders and/or their agents who are requesting a correction or deletion to a key data element in their electronic cargo or conveyance transmission post-arrival.
- This form is to be used in all modes by carriers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators and/or their agents who are requesting a correction or cancellation when cargo and/or conveyance have been arrived in error.
- Key data elements that may be corrected or deleted using this form are:
- Conveyance Reference Number (CRN)
- Cargo Control Number (CCN)
- House Bill Number
- House Bill Close Message
- Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) indicator
- For the Air and Marine modes: To correct an air or marine CRN, the client must first update each related cargo document to reflect the correct CRN and then submit CBSA Form BSF673 to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
- To change the CSA indicator on a cargo document from a N to Y, the client must present the completed CBSA Form BSF673 with supporting documentation.
- "WACM / CACM" field on the CBSA Form BSF673 will be when cargo and/or conveyance have been arrived in error.
- Clients are required to present the completed form in duplicate, in person to the CBSA, Ambassador Bridge Commercial Operations, 4285 Industrial Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N9C 3R9 or by email CBSAASFC_SOR_Windsor_emanifest@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca or by facsimile to 519-967-4206.
- In those circumstances where an immediate correction is required when the conveyance has been reported at the port of entry, and the driver is waiting, a completed CBSA form BSF673 (in duplicate) can be presented to the port to allow the furtherance of the conveyance.
- A valid reason for the requested correction and/or deletion must be provided. The CBSA will validate the request and complete the bottom section and return a copy to the client for their records. The CBSA office will retain the other copy of the form.
- Carriers, Freight Forwarders or their agents are required to re-transmit the corrected replacement data within 5 business days.
- Supporting documents relating to the amendments request may be required by CBSA personnel.
- Date modified: