Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff
Customs Notice 19-19
1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of an amendment to the August 8, 2019 version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. Rate reductions contained in the CIFTA Modernization legislation are effective September 1, 2019, and contain a change to the CIAT tariff treatment for 847 tariff items. The full list is available at https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-85/royal-assent
3. An amended version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, reflecting all of these changes, is published on the CBSA website.
4. All changes to the classification numbers are identified in the Tariff (PDF format) on the CBSA website by a change bar in the left margin. Please note there are no change bar indicators in the HTML version. For the Access files, the changes are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
5. All changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) beginning September 1, 2019.
6. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling on tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request can be found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3 - Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, which is found on the CBSA website.
7. For more information, please call the Border Information Service line at: 1-800-461-9999 from within Canada, or if abroad, please call: 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges may apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time / except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: