Corporate Aircraft

In this section

If your company owns or operates a corporate aircraft that frequently flies directly to Canada from the United States, the CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft program may be for you. This program allows you to access more airports and provides expedited clearances for low-risk, pre-screened travellers. Corporate aircraft carrying no more than 15 pre-approved, low-risk passengers (including the crew) can report to the CBSA by telephone before arriving in Canada.

About CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft


If your company is a CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft member, your corporate aircraft can have the following privileges:


To be eligible for CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft, you and the employees of your corporation must meet these criteria:

Note: Although CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft membership cannot be applied to chartered flights, the program does apply to members of corporations who use a rented or leased aircraft instead of owning one.

Family businesses can also apply to the CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft program as long as the business is incorporated.

Non-members may apply for temporary authorization if they can demonstrate a work-based relationship with your corporation and are able to meet the same citizenship and residency criteria as program members.

Using CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft

How CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft works

Corporate aircraft that meet the requirements of the CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft program can land at any airport of entry any time the site is open, regardless of the hours of operation of the local CBSA office. The aircraft can also land at a designated CANPASS-only airport.

The pilot is in charge of the aircraft and he or she must report all passengers and their goods on behalf of the aircraft. Pilots are responsible for reporting themselves, their crew and passengers to a telephone reporting centre (TRC) by calling 1-888-CANPASS (1-888-226-7277) at least 2 hours before but no more than 48 hours prior to the aircraft's estimated time of arrival in Canada.

The TRC allows individuals who enter Canada by private aircraft, corporate aircraft or private boat to report their arrival and make their declarations to the CBSA by telephone.

Where to call

The 1-888-CANPASS (1-888-226-7277) toll-free line is only available in Canada and the United States. If a flight originates outside Canada or the United States, the 1-888 number is not available and the pilot must call the TRC directly (long-distance charges may apply).

TRC for All of Canada
Hamilton, ON
Telephone: 905-679-2073
Fax: 905-679-6877

Pilot responsibilities

To have CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft privileges, the aircraft may not carry more than 15 people (including the crew). The pilot must ensure that all passengers have the appropriate travel documents for entering Canada. He or she must also call the TRC at least 2 hours before but no more than 48 hours prior to the aircraft's estimated time of arrival into Canada.

During that first telephone call to the TRC, the pilot must provide the following information to the CBSA:

  • the estimated time of arrival (ETA);
  • the aircraft tail number/registration number;
  • the full name, date of birth and citizenship of all persons on board;
  • passport and visa information of passengers (including the crew), if applicable;
  • the destination, purpose of the trip and length of stay in Canada for non-residents;
  • the landing point (must be a designated airport of entry or CANPASS-only airport);
  • the length of absence for each passenger who is a returning resident of Canada;
  • a declaration of all goods being imported, including firearms and weapons;
  • a declaration of all currency and/or monetary instruments totaling CAN$10,000 or more; and
  • for returning residents of Canada, a report of all repairs or modifications made to goods (including the aircraft) while outside Canada.

Note: If the ETA changes by more than 30 minutes or if there are any changes to the point of arrival, the list of passengers or their declarations, the pilot must advise the TRC prior to arrival in Canada.

The pilot must ensure that all persons on board the aircraft are holding a valid CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft membership or have temporary authorization for their passage. If there are passengers aboard who are not CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft members or who are not temporarily authorized travellers, the aircraft must follow the procedure for Telephone Reporting - General Aviation Aircraft.

The pilot must remain at the point of arrival until the ETA reported to the TRC has elapsed. No second call to the TRC is required. If there is no officer waiting to meet the aircraft when it arrives at the reported ETA or actual time of arrival, whichever is later, the aircraft may proceed to the final destination and passengers may disembark.

In addition to the above, the person in charge of the conveyance is responsible for the following:

  • ensuring that all persons being transported into Canada on board the aircraft are in possession of all travel documents required by the legislation, i.e. passports, visas, or other; and
  • the removal of inadmissible passengers and any associated administrative and medical expenses and fees.

Note: Any contraventions of the legislation may result in detention, seizure or forfeiture of the conveyance and/or lead to criminal prosecution, monetary penalties and/or imprisonment.

Travelling with non-members

If there are more than four non-members aboard, CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft membership privileges will not apply and the aircraft will have to follow the procedures for Telephone Reporting - General Aviation Aircraft.

Declaring goods

All travellers aboard must declare any personal goods they are importing, including firearms and weapons, and report currency and/or monetary instruments totaling CAN$10,000 or more. If duties or taxes are payable, the border services officer at the TRC will ask for the traveller's mailing address and Visa or MasterCard number and expiry date.

Although the pilot is solely required to call the CBSA with the information on each person on board the aircraft, which includes the declarations of goods, each individual is ultimately responsible for complying with customs and immigration legislation.


Your membership may be revoked or suspended if you fail to comply with the requirements and procedures of the CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft program. This includes non-compliance with customs and immigration legislation, or any other related laws the CBSA administers and enforces.

Depending on the severity of the violation, the CBSA can impose penalties, remove non-residents, and seize any goods and any aircraft used to carry the goods. As well, you may be subject to criminal prosecution.


Once an applicant has completed and signed the CANPASS application form, the CBSA is authorized to collect personal information such as name, date of birth, address, citizenship, proof of citizenship and residency information.

The information will be used for background security checks and is not shared with a third party. All information is stored in a secure central database, which in turn is protected by various methods, including firewalls. Access to client information by employees is also controlled and monitored.

All personal information provided is protected under the federal Privacy Act.

Security measures

Participation in the CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft program is restricted to pre-approved travellers. Applicants undergo a detailed security clearance check before being enrolled. Every time CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft members enter Canada, their membership information is verified against customs and immigration databases to ensure their compliance with the program's regulations. Each member's eligibility is re-assessed annually.

Join CANPASS - Corporate Aircraft


The non-refundable processing fee is CAN$40 for each applicant 18 years old and older. The fee is waived for those under the age of 18. You can pay using Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You can also send a certified cheque or money order in Canadian funds payable to the Receiver General for Canada. Do not send cash.

The corporation will be charged $25 per individual each time a temporary authorization is issued. This fee applies regardless of the airport of entry or whether a border services officer is present when the aircraft arrives. Payment can be made as outlined above.

Application process

Your participation in this program is strictly voluntary. The information that you provide will be used to determine your eligibility. If you are accepted into the program, your membership will be valid for five years.

If you are under the age of 18, written consent from a parent or legal guardian is also required. 

How to apply

  1. Complete and sign the CANPASS application form: Form E672.
  2. Send the following to a Canadian processing centre:
  3. If you are accepted, your application will be processed in approximately four to six weeks.
  4. Applications that are incomplete or do not include all the necessary documents and the non-refundable processing fee will not be processed. The CBSA will send a letter asking you to submit the missing information.

Canadian processing centres

Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and Yukon

28 176th Street
Surrey BC  V3Z 9R9

Telephone: 604-538-3689 or 1-866-496-3987 (toll-free)

Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec

400 Place d'Youville
Montréal QC  H2Y 2C2

Telephone: 514-350-6137 or 1-866-399-5887 (toll-free)


6080 McLeod Road
PO Box 126
Niagara Falls ON L2E 6T1

Telephone: 905-371-1477 or 1-800-842-7647 (toll-free)

Proof of citizenship or permanent resident status

Applicants must provide acceptable proof of citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada or the United States. Please send photocopies of the documents with the completed application form. These photocopies will not be returned.

If you are a Canadian or U.S. citizen, please provide one of the following:

  • birth certificate and photo identification;
  • valid passport;
  • citizenship certificate or card;
  • certificate of naturalization;
  • certificate of retention of Canadian citizenship;
  • certificate of Indian status in Canada; or
  • certificate of registration of birth abroad.

If you are a permanent resident of Canada or the United States, please provide one of the following:

  • Canada
    • valid Canadian permanent resident card; or
    • record of landing - IMM 1000, also known as a Confirmation of Permanent Residence - IMM 5292.
  • United States
  • valid U.S. permanent resident card
Date modified: