Finding our missing children
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is committed to identifying and recovering missing children. The CBSA is a partner of the program Our Missing Children (OMC), which aims at intercepting and recovering missing, abducted and exploited children and returning them to their parents and legal guardians.
Prepare your child before they travel
For information on travel advice and the documents needed for your children before travelling, consult Travel with children and minors.
Report a missing child
Our border services officers recover missing, abducted, trafficked and exploited children at Canada's:
- international airports
- marine ports
- land border crossings
If you suspect a child needs help, call 9-1-1 immediately.
National partnership to help missing children
The CBSA partners with the following organizations in the framework of the OMC program:
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Global Affairs Canada
- Department of Justice
In addition to our frontline work at the border, we work in partnership in Canada and abroad to:
- stop the illicit movement of children across international borders
- facilitate reunifications
- assist in active investigations and law enforcement agencies with missing children cases
- share information
- organize various outreach activities regionally to promote the OMC program
- repatriate Canadian nationals
Visit Our Missing Children for more details, or contact email@example.com for information about the CBSA's role in the program.