Securing the border
Report border-related criminal activity
- Border Watch toll-free line at 1-888-502-9060
To ensure the free flow of legitimate people and goods, the CBSA monitors, investigates, detains and removes those people or goods in violation of the relevant laws. We do this by putting in place programs and services to: ensure trade security, manage access to Canada and work together with business and other government organizations.
The CBSA continually works on new ways to protect the safety of all Canadians and facilitate the flow of legitimate travellers and goods in and out of Canada.
Canada works proactively to establish and maintain strong working relationships with governments, organizations and communities that foster an open dialogue for information sharing and risk management.
- Joint Border Strategy (CBSA and Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Security certificates (Public Safety Canada)
- Integrated National Security Enforcement Teams (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Immigration Task Force (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Canada's War Crimes Program (Justice Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Canada's Missing (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Plan for the Movement of People and Goods During and Following an Emergency (Public Safety Canada)
Joint Canada/U.S. initiatives
- Date modified: