Ottawa, February 1, 2012
This memorandum contains the CCOFTA Rules of Origin Regulations and provides a link to the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (FAITC) Web site where the Rules of Origin for the CCOFTA may be found.
1. The following provisions of the Free Trade Agreement between Canada and the Republic of Colombia, signed on November 21, 2008, have the force of law in Canada:
2. These Regulations come into force on the day on which section 30 of the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act, chapter 4 of the Statutes of Canada, 2010, comes into force, but if they are registered after that day, they come into force on the day on which they are registered.
1. The Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (CCOFTA) may be found on the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (FAITC) Web site at: www.international.gc.ca.
2. Chapter Three: Rules of Origin contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
3. Annex 301: Specific Rules of Origin sets out the product specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
4. For more information, within Canada call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
|Issuing office||Tariff, Origin and Valuation Division|
|Legislative references||Order in Council P.C. 2011-733|
|Superseded memoranda D|