Ottawa, April 15, 2014
This document is also available in PDF (47 KB) [help with PDF files]
1. This memorandum has been revised in order to provide a link to the official version of the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (CCOFTA) Rules of Origin Regulations. The CCOFTA Rules of Origin Regulations are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum.
2. The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
This memorandum provides a link to the Department of Justice for the official version of the CCOFTA Rules of Origin Regulations that are used to determine the entitlement of goods to preferential tariff treatment under the CCOFTA.
CCOFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
Guidelines and General Information
1. Chapter Three: Rules of Origin of the CCOFTA contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
2. Annex 301: Specific Rules of Origin of the CCOFTA sets out the product specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
3. For more information, within Canada call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time/except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Issuing office:
- Trade and Anti-dumping Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
- CCOFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
- Other references:
- Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (CCOFTA)
Chapter Three: Rules of Origin
Annex 301: Specific Rules of Origin
- Superseded memorandum D:
- D11-5-9 dated February 1, 2012
- Date modified: