Ottawa, April 15, 2014
This document is also available in PDF (47 KB) [help with PDF files]
1. This memorandum has been revised in order to provide a link to the official version of the Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA) Rules of Origin Regulations. The CPFTA Rules of Origin Regulations are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum.
2. The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
This memorandum provides a link to the Department of Justice for the official version of the CPFTA Rules of Origin Regulationsthat are used to determine the entitlement of goods to preferential tariff treatment under the CPFTA.
CPFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
Guidelines and General Information
1. Chapter Three: Rules of Origin of the CPFTA contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
2. Annex 301: Specific Rules of Origin of the CPFTA sets out the product specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
3. For more information, within Canada call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local tim /except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Issuing office:
- Trade and Anti-dumping Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
- CPFTA Rules of Origin Regulations
- Other references:
- Canada-Peru Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA)
Chapter Three: Rules of Origin
Annex 301: Specific Rules of Origin
- Superseded memorandum D:
- D11-5-8 dated March 12, 2010
- Date modified: