Ottawa, April 15, 2014
1. This memorandum has been revised in order to provide a link to the official version of the Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement (CEFTA) Rules of Origin Regulations. The CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum.
2. The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
This memorandum provides a link to the Department of Justice for the official version of the CEFTA Rules of Origin Regulations that are used to determine the entitlement of goods to preferential tariff treatment under the CEFTA.
Guidelines and General Information
1. Annex C – Rules of Origin and Administrative Co-operation of CEFTA contains the general rules of origin that set out the criteria to determine the originating status of a good, as well as other general conditions and requirements.
2. Appendix I to Annex C of CEFTA, the Product Specific Rules of Origin, sets out the specific rules of origin that establish the point at which materials or components have undergone sufficient production within the free trade area for the good produced to be considered originating.
3. For more information, within Canada call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local tim /except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: