Language selection


Commercial importing reporting requirements

There are commercial reporting requirements for the movement and control of unreleased goods in Canada by carriers, freight forwarders and warehouse operators. Using information collected from Advance Commercial Information (ACI) and eManifest, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) detects risks and makes decisions before shipments arrive at the border and/or are released into Canada.

Carriers and freight forwarders must have a CBSA issued carrier code. Consult the Commercial Carrier and Freight Forwarder Identification and Eligibility for more information.

Carrier code holders must immediately advise the CBSA of any change to their legal entity, name, address and contact information.

Consult Requirements by client type for guidance on commercial reporting.

For more information:

Related links

Date modified: