Important notice: In the event of a postal service disruption, you may experience delays when submitting a paper application form by mail or in receiving your respective membership card. [Learn more]
July 19, 2016, to August 19, 2016: Public consultation for suggested regulatory amendments
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is seeking your feedback on proposed changes to its Regulations from July 19, 2016, to August 19, 2016. More information.
The Commercial Driver Registration Program (CDRP) makes it easier for commercial freight transporters to pass through customs into Canada from the United States (U.S.). This program offers efficient and effective clearance to low-risk goods and pre-approved importers, carriers and commercial drivers.
The CDRP is one of three components required for membership in the Customs Self-Assessment program (CSA), which involves:
CDRP-registered drivers can carry goods for carriers who participate in the CSA program.
- Faster border crossing into Canada.
- Simplified personal declaration process with the Traveller Declaration Card, and paying duties and taxes by credit card.
- Extended participation in other programs like the FAST program, which provides dedicated lanes (where available) in Canada and the U.S., and faster customs and immigration processing.
The following may apply for the CDRP:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents; or
- Citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. who meet visitor requirements.
To qualify for CDRP, applicants must:
- Complete the application;
- Be admissible to Canada and have no criminal record that has not been pardoned;
- Not have violated customs or immigration laws; or
- Be deemed to be of good character, meaning that the CBSA is confident you will comply with program obligations.
As CDRP participating members, drivers are required to adhere to a number of responsibilities and requirements to maintain their membership.
If you have any questions on enrolment or the program, please contact the Canadian Processing Centre:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST (except holidays)
- Date modified: