Customs Notice 22-09: Expiry of Customs Notice 20-08 Imported Goods for Emergency Use in Response to COVID-19
1. The purpose of this notice is to advise that Customs Notice 20-08 will expire and will be no longer in effect as of .
2. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CBSA provided for the relief of customs duties and taxes on goods imported on or after , that were required on an emergency basis, when imported by or on behalf of certain entities, including health authorities (e.g., public health bodies, first responders), pursuant to existing authorities under Tariff Item No. 9993.00.00 of the Customs Tariff and the Goods for Emergency Use Remission Order. Relief was further extended on to goods required on an emergency basis and imported by, or on behalf of, public or private care residences, such as seniors' residences, retirement homes, nursing homes and shelters.
3. As domestic shortages of medical goods/PPE have subsided and relief is no longer warranted, this relief will expire .
4. For more information, call the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
- calls within Canada and the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
- calls outside Canada and the United States (long distance charges apply):
- 1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064
- TTY: 1-866-335-3237
- email: email@example.com
- Contact us at the CBSA website may also be accessed for information
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: