1. On , Canada and Israel signed the Canada-Israel Free Trade Amending Protocol 2018, amending the Canada-Israel Free Trade Agreement (CIFTA or Agreement) that originally came into force on .
2. The amended Agreement enters into force on and will include additional countries beyond that of the United States, where CIFTA-eligible goods may undergo minor processing prior to entering Canada.
3. Please consult Annex 3.12 of the Agreement for the full list of countries and Article 3.12 (Direct Shipment and Shipment Through a Non-Party) to determine whether goods are eligible for minor processing operations.
4. The Proof of Origin of Imported Goods Regulations, Free Trade Agreement Advance Rulings Regulations, Part 5 of the Refund of Duties Regulations and the Declaration of Minor Processing (Form E669) will be revised to reflect this expanded list of countries.
5. Please note that effective , the amended Declaration of Minor Processing (Form E669) must be completed for CIFTA-eligible goods that have undergone minor processing in the territory of a non-Party prior to entering Canada.
6. All other conditions concerning minor processing operations for CIFTA-eligible goods remain unchanged.
7. For more information, please call the Border Information Service line at: 1-800-461-9999 from within Canada, or if abroad, please call: 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges may apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time / except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: