Pursuant to the delegation of authority under the Canada Border Services Agency ActFootnote 1 from the President of the Canada Border Services Agency, which came into force on April 1, 2010, and pursuant to paragraph 9(2)(b) of the Canada Border Services Agency Act, I hereby designate as an inspector or a veterinary inspector:
- a person, or person within a class of persons, holding a position listed in the attached Schedule, or a person authorized to exercise the powers or perform the duties and functions of that position;
- the person who has the direct supervisory responsibility of a person designated under paragraph 1 to exercise the powers or perform the duties and functions of that person.
This designation is for the purposes of the enforcement of the Agriculture and Agri-Food Administrative Monetary Penalties Act, the Canada Agricultural Products Act, the Feeds Act, the Fertilizers Act, the Fish Inspection Act, the Health of Animals Act, the Meat Inspection Act, the Plant Protection Act, and the Seeds Act at airports and other Canadian border points other than import service centres.
This authorization confirms existing functions under the program legislation and replaces all previous authorizations and comes into force on the date on which it is signed.
Dated at Ottawa, in the Province of Ontario, thisday of 2013.
Canada Border Services Agency
Designated Officials – Canada Border Services Agency
- Border Services Officers
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Digitalization and Technology-Neutral Regulations Roadmap
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: