Certain concrete reinforcing bar 2
Dumping (Belarus, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Japan, Portugal and Spain)
- Measure in Force code (MIF code)
- Product information
The subject goods are defined as:
"Hot-rolled deformed steel concrete reinforcing bar in straight lengths or coils, commonly identified as rebar, in various diameters up to and including 56.4 millimeters, in various finishes, excluding plain round bar and fabricated rebar products, originating in or exported from the Republic of Belarus, Chinese Taipei, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, Japan, the Portuguese Republic and the Kingdom of Spain. Also excluded is 10 mm diameter (10M) rebar produced to meet the requirements of CSA G30 18.09 (or equivalent standards) that is coated to meet the requirements of epoxy standard ASTM A775/A 775M 04a (or equivalent standards) in lengths from 1 foot (30.48 cm) up to and including 8 feet (243.84 cm)."
The Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) excludes, from its finding, goods exported by Feng Hsin Steel Co., Ltd.
- Investigation information
The dates of the investigative proceedings and finding concerning this case are:
Action Date Initiation of Investigation August 19, 2016 Preliminary Determination January 3, 2017 Final Determination April 3, 2017 Canadian International Trade Tribunal Finding May 3, 2017 Re-investigation May 4, 2018 Normal Value Review – Nervacero S.A. September 1, 2020
- Tariff classification numbers
Beginning January 1, 2022, under the revised customs tariff schedule, subject goods are normally classified under the following tariff classification numbers:
Please note that the tariff classification number may apply to goods which are not subject to the Special Import Measures Act (SIMA) measures, may change because of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, or the subject goods may be imported under tariff classification numbers that are not listed.
Refer to the product definition for the authoritative details regarding the subject goods. For more information on the tariff classification numbers, please refer to the harmonized commodity description and coding system.
- Duty Liability
Country of origin or export: Belarus, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Japan, Portugal and Spain.
Information regarding the normal values of subject goods should be obtained from the exporter. The following table identifies the exporters who currently have been issued normal values:
Country Exporter Exporter ID Cooperative since Last revised Belarus OJSC Byelorussian Steel Works (BMZ) Exporter has not applied Chinese Taipei Tung Ho Steel Enterprise Corporation 786540708RM0001 Portugal Metalurgica Galaica, S.A. 789467206RM0001 Spain Celsa Atlantic, S.L. 779580208RM0001 Nervacero, S.A. 779601004RM0001
The CITT excludes from its finding goods exported by:
Exporter Exporter ID Feng Hsin Steel Co., Ltd Exporter has not applied
For importations of subject goods originating in or exported from Belarus, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Japan, Portugal and Spain for which the exporter has not been issued their own normal values, the anti-dumping duty is equal to 108.5% of the export price.
- Disclosure of Normal Values
The liability for anti-dumping duty results from the proceedings conducted under SIMA and from the finding of the CITT. Information regarding the normal value of the subject goods in question and the amount of anti-dumping duty payable should be obtained from the exporter. Related information may be made available to importers on a need-to-know basis in accordance with the provisions of Memorandum D14-1-2, Disclosure of Normal Values, Export Prices, and Amounts of Subsidy Established Under the Special Import Measures Act.
For information on duty assessment, refer to the Guide for self-assessing SIMA duties.
- Information required on customs documents
The import documentation should include the information listed below. Failure to provide this information may result in the application of penalties to the importer, pursuant to the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
The import documentation should clearly indicate the following:
- confirmation whether the product is subject to anti-dumping duties
- name and address of producer/manufacturer
- name and address of vendor (if different from the producer)
- customer's name and address
- Canadian importer's name and address (if different from the customer)
- full product description of the goods, including:
- Model ID
- Model description
- Specification – Indicate the specification of the concrete reinforcing bar (e.g. CAN/CSA-G30.18 M92)
- Grade – Indicate the grade applicable to the concrete reinforcing bar (e.g. 400W)
- Diameter – Indicate the diameter of the concrete reinforcing bar in millimetres
- Length – Indicate the length of the concrete reinforcing bar in metres
- Coating – Indicate the coating of the concrete reinforcing bar (epoxy, galvanized, uncoated, etc.)
- Type of Steel – Indicate the type of steel of the concrete reinforcing bar (e.g. carbon, low alloy, alloy, etc.)
- date of sale, date of shipment
- quantity (including, the unit of measure)
- unit selling price, total selling price
- currency of settlement used (e.g., US$, CDN$, etc.)
- terms and conditions of sale (e.g., FOB, CIF, etc.)
- all costs, expenses, and charges incurred by the exporter and vendor in the shipment of the subject goods to Canada from the point of direct shipment (including, the inland and ocean freight, insurance, etc.)
- the amount of any export taxes applicable to the goods.
- Appeal decisions relating to subjectivity
Summaries of appeal decisions made by the CBSA respecting whether an imported good is subject to this measure in force can be found on the SIMA Appeals page.
- Email for duty assessment questions
Important: Prior to submitting a subjectivity opinion request, please review the “detailed product information”. Each request must be supported with essential information including, but not limited to, pictures, mill certificates, measurements, origin of the goods, etc. in relation to the specific product in question.
Failure to provide sufficient information will result in a rejection of the request by the CBSA.
- CBSA reference number(s)
- RB2 2016 IN
- RB1&2 2017 RI
- RB2 2020 UP1
- CITT reference number(s)
- Date modified: