Carbon Steel Welded Pipe (CSWP 1)
Dumping & subsidizing (China)
- Measure in Force code (MIF code)
- Product information
The subject goods are defined as:
"Carbon steel welded pipe, commonly identified as standard pipe, in the nominal size range of ½ inch up to and including 6 inches (12.7 mm to 168.3 mm in outside diameter) inclusive, in various forms and finishes, usually supplied to meet ASTM A53, ASTM A135, ASTM A252, ASTM A589, ASTM A795, ASTM F1083 or Commercial Quality, or AWWA C200-97 or equivalent specifications, including water well casing, piling pipe, sprinkler pipe and fencing pipe, but excluding oil and gas line pipe made to API specifications exclusively, originating in/or exported from the People's Republic of China."
- carbon steel welded pipe in nominal pipe sizes of 1 inch, meeting the requirements of specification ASTM A53, Grade B, Schedule 10, with a black or galvanized finish, and with plain ends, for use in fire protection applications;
- carbon steel welded pipe in nominal pipe sizes of ½ inch to 2 inches inclusive, produced using the electric resistance welding process and meeting the requirements of specification ASTM A53, Grade A, for use in the production of carbon steel pipe nipples; and
- carbon steel welded pipe in nominal pipe sizes of ½ inch to 6 inches inclusive, dual-stencilled to meet the requirements of both specification ASTM A252, Grades 1 to 3, and specification API 5L, with bevelled ends and in random lengths, for use as foundation piles.
- Investigation information
The dates of the investigative proceedings and findings concerning this case are:
Action Date Initiation of Investigation January 23, 2008 Preliminary Determination April 22, 2008 Final Determination July 21, 2008 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Finding August 20, 2008 Re-Investigation February 14, 2011 Expiry Review Determination April 4, 2013 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Order August 19, 2013 Expiry Review Determination November 2, 2018 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Order March 28, 2019
- Tariff classification numbers
Prior to January 1, 2022, the subject goods were usually classified under the following tariff classification numbers:
Beginning January 1, 2022, under the revised customs tariff schedule, subject goods are normally classified under the following tariff classification numbers:
Please note that these classification numbers may apply to goods which are not subject to SIMA measures, may change because of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, or the subject goods may be imported under HS classification numbers that are not listed. Refer to the product definition for the authoritative details regarding the subject goods.
- Duty liability
(Anti-dumping & Countervailing duties)
Country of origin or export: China
Effective on imports of subject goods released by the CBSA on or after 2011-02-14:
No exporters in China received normal values or a specific amount of subsidy in the most recent re-investigation, please consult CBSA Notice of Conclusion of Re-investigation.
The liability for anti-dumping and countervailing duty results from the proceedings conducted under SIMA and from the CITT order. Given that no exporters or producers provided a response to the CBSA’s RFI, normal values and amount of subsidy will therefore be determined by a ministerial specification under SIMA.
For importations of subject goods originating in/or exported from China, the anti-dumping duty is equal to 179% of the export price, as specified by the Minister.
For importations of subject goods originating in/or exported from China, the countervailing duty is equal to 5,280 Renminbi per metric tonne, as specified by the Minister.
For information on duty assessment, refer to the Guide for self-assessing SIMA duties.
- Information required on customs documents
The import documentation should include the information listed below. Failure to provide this information may result in the application of penalties to the importer, pursuant to the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
The import documentation should clearly indicate the following:
- Harmonized System (HS) classification number
- Confirmation whether the product is subject to anti-dumping and countervailing duties
- Name and address of producer/manufacturer
- Location of plant/mill of production
- Place from which direct shipment to Canada began
- Name and address of vendor (if different from the producer)
- Country of origin
- Country of export
- Canadian customer's name and address
- Canadian importer's name and address (if different from the customer)
- Full product description
- Model ID
- Model description
- Product name and/or number
- Product grade and specification
- Dimension (nominal size) and wall thickness
- Pipe finish
- End finish
- Date of sale, date of shipment
- Quantity (state unit of measure – e.g. kg, metric tonne)
- Unit selling price and total selling price to importer in Canada
- Currency of settlement used (e.g. US$, CDN$, etc.)
- Terms and conditions of sale (e.g. FOB, CIF, etc.) and,
- All costs, expenses, and charges incurred by the exporter and vendor in the shipment of the subject goods to Canada (includes inland and ocean freight, insurance, duties, port and handling charges, etc.).
- Appeal decisions relating to subjectivity
Summaries of appeal decisions made by the CBSA respecting whether an imported good is subject to this measure in force can be found on the SIMA Appeals page.
- Email for duty assessment questions
Important: Prior to submitting a subjectivity opinion request, please review the “detailed product information”. Each request must be supported with essential information including, but not limited to, pictures, mill certificates, measurements, origin of the goods, etc. in relation to the specific product in question.
Failure to provide sufficient information will result in a rejection of the request by the CBSA.
- CBSA reference number(s)
- Dumping file #: 4214-16
- Dumping case #: AD1373
- Subsidy file #: 4218-24
- Subsidy case #: CV123
- CITT reference number(s)
- Date modified: