Ottawa, February 25, 2014
The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
This memorandum provides a hyperlink to the Department of Justice Web site for the regulations in respect of the determination of the place of direct shipment of goods exported to Canada when the goods pass in transit through another country.
Guidelines and General Information
1. The Direct Shipment of Goods Regulations are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum. They can be accessed from Department of Justice Web site.
2. Memorandum D13-3-4, Place of Direct Shipment, provides additional information on the interpretation of these regulations.
3. For more information, call contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
- Issuing office:
- Trade Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
- Other references:
- Superseded memorandum D:
- D13-1-2 dated February 16, 2012
- Date modified: