Customs Notice 23-14: Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff: Rate Reduction and Statistical Note
1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. The final duty rate reductions of the Iceland Tariff (IT), Norway Tariff (NT) and Switzerland Liechtenstein Tariff (SLT), included in the Canada-European Free Trade Association (CEFTA) Free Trade Agreement will be effective . The relevant reductions are as follows:
|Tariff item||New rate of duty|
|8901.10.90||IT, NT, SLT: Free|
|8901.90.99||IT, NT, SLT: Free|
|8904.00.00||IT, NT, SLT: Free|
|8905.10.00||IT, NT, SLT: Free|
|8905.90.90||IT, NT, SLT: Free|
3. These changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) beginning .
4. Furthermore, a statistical note has been added for the purposes of further clarifying the interpretation of specific tariff classification numbers in Chapters 42, 69, 70, 71, 73 and 80.
5. The changes to the tariff items and the statistical notes are identified in the PDF version of the Tariff, on the CBSA website, by a change bar in the left margin. Please note that there are no change bar indicators in the HTML version. For the Access files, the changes to the tariff items are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
6. The CBSA recommends that importers request a ruling if they have any doubt as to the correct origin, tariff classification, or value for duty of goods. The procedures for obtaining a ruling are outlined in Memorandum D11-11-1, National Customs Rulings (NCR), Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, or Memorandum D11-4-16, Advance Rulings Under Free Trade Agreements.
7. For more information, contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS).
- Calls within Canada and the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
- Calls outside Canada and the United States (long distance charges apply): 1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
- TTY: 1-866-335-3237
Contact Us online (webform)
Contact Us at the CBSA website may also be accessed for information.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: