Customs Notice 23-06: Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff: Changes to Chapter 24
1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff (Tariff).
2. Effective , the following tariff item and classification number will be deleted from the Tariff.
3. The following tariff items and classification numbers have been created to address this change.
4. The changes to the tariff and classification numbers are identified in the PDF version of the Tariff by a change bar in the left margin. Please note that there are no change bar indicators in the HTML version. For the Access files, the changes are indicated with the number 1 in the change column.
5. Due to system limitations, all changes will be active in the downstream applications, such as TRAS, at a later date. A new Customs Notice will be published to advise when the changes will be effective.
6. For certainty regarding the tariff classification, origin or value for duty of a product, importers may request a ruling. Details on submitting a request for a ruling can be found in the Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, Memorandum D11-11-1, National Customs Rulings (NCR), or Memorandum D11-4-16 Advance rulings for origin under Free Trade Agreements.
7. Importers who are in possession of a tariff classification advance ruling should review the changes in Tariff Amendment T2023-4 to determine if the tariff classification number of the goods under their existing ruling is still valid. Where the tariff classification of a good under a ruling letter is no longer valid, importers may submit a request to the CBSA office where the original ruling was issued for an affirmation of the ruling. Should the Advance Ruling no longer be valid, a modified ruling will be issued by the CBSA confirming the correct tariff classification number.
8. For more information, contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
Contact Us online (webform)
Contact Us at the CBSA website may also be accessed for information.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: