Customs Notice 22-18: Amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff
1. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise of amendments to the , version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff.
2. Rate of duty reductions included in the Canada-United Kingdom Trade Continuity Agreement (Canada-UK TCA) are effective . The Canada-UK TCA contains changes to the UKT treatment for the following tariff classification numbers:
|Tariff Classification Numbers||New Rate of Duty|
3. An amended version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, reflecting all of these changes, is published on the CBSA website.
4. All changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) beginning September 21, 2022.
5. The CBSA recommends that importers request a ruling if they have any doubt as to the tariff classification, origin or value for duty of goods. The procedures for obtaining a ruling are outlined in Memorandum D11-11-1, National Customs Rulings (NCR), Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification or Memorandum D11-4-16 Advance rulings for origin under Free Trade Agreements.
6. For more information, contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064
Contact Us online (webform)
Contact Us at the CBSA website may also be accessed for information.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: