Customs Notice 22-03: Consolidated in-transit shipments – Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) interim reporting requirements
1. This Customs Notice refers to a system defect that suppresses the deconsolidation notice for consolidated in-transit shipments when the primary cargo control number (CCN) with a movement type of “import” ends at the primary sufferance warehouse but the electronic house bills (eHBs) with movement type “in-transit” are destined to either the same or a different sufferance warehouse. This defect occurs when there is one or many eHBs in a set.
2. The CBSA work around to the scenario described above is for the freight forwarder to use movement type “import” on all eHBs, and include “in-transit” in the special instructions field. Once the CBSA-issued deconsolidation notice has been received by the warehouse, the freight forwarder must amend the eHBs to the “in-transit” movement type. If an in-transit movement type was used on the original eHB transmission and the shipment has already arrived at the primary warehouse, the freight forwarder must amend the eHB to the “import” movement type and once the deconsolidation notice is triggered, the movement type must be amended back to “in-transit”.
3. If technical assistance is required, the freight forwarders may contact the Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU) by email at email@example.com or by calling 1-888-957-7224 and select one of the following Options:
- Option 1 for EDI transactions;
- Option 2 for technical portal assistance;
- Overseas: 613-946-0762.
4. For details on electronic house bill system rules, refer to Chapter 5 of the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document (ECCRD). For details on arrival system rules, refer to the modal chapters of the ECCRD.
5. The CBSA strongly urges freight forwarders to register for electronic notices, which includes the Deconsolidation Notice. Clients may refer to Chapter 11 of the ECCRD or contact the TCCU for more information.
6. For email support on eManifest policy and processes, contact the eManifest Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. For additional information regarding the pre-arrival and reporting requirements for freight forwarders, see the revised departmental memoranda, D3-3-1, Freight Forwarder Pre-Arrival and Reporting Requirements.
8. For additional information regarding eManifest requirements, clients may visit the CBSA Web site.
Report a problem on this page
This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.Report a problem by email
- Date modified: