Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19) protocols
All NEXUS interviews scheduled between March 19 and May 1, 2020, are postponed. Please log into your Trusted Traveller Program (TTP) System online account to reschedule your appointment. Interviews scheduled after May 1, 2020, may also be postponed, and the situation will be continually assessed. We acknowledge that this may be an inconvenience for some, however ensuring the safety of our staff and clients is a priority. Your understanding during this difficult time is appreciated. Please visit CBSA’s website regularly as the situation continues to evolve. NEXUS members who submitted an application for membership renewal prior to the expiry date on the card will maintain their membership and remain in active status for 18 months beyond the expiry date, and will be allowed to access NEXUS designated lanes.
Notice: Have you activated your NEXUS card?
Before your next trip, please make sure that your NEXUS card is activated. Log into your Trusted Traveler Programs online account and follow the instructions to activate your card. Whether using the new NEXUS facial verification kiosks at airports or crossing the land border, an activated card will help you receive a seamless travel experience.
This is the official Government of Canada NEXUS application website.
NEXUS is designed to speed up border crossings for low-risk, pre-approved travellers into Canada and the United States (U.S.). It is jointly run by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. More benefits of NEXUS.
The NEXUS application processing fee is a non-refundable $50 (US) for a five-year membership. Children under 18 are free!
Using a third party representative? Things you should know
There is no need to have a third party complete your NEXUS application. Doing so may result in additional charges, which are not included in the $50 NEXUS fee. All applications are processed at the same rate, whether you submit an application or someone does it on your behalf.
What are the benefits?
- Avoid long line-ups and save time by:
- using automated self-serve NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada at nine major international airports and U.S. Global Entry kiosks for entry into the U.S.
- receiving expedited clearance through security screening lines at major and select mid-sized airports in Canada;
- receiving expedited clearance through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 180 participating U.S. airports. Visit NEXUS Air for more information.
- Enjoy a simplified entry process using dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings. Visit NEXUS Land for more information.
- When arriving to Canada by boat, report by phone to a Telephone Reporting Centre at more than 450 marine sites across Canada. Visit NEXUS Marine for more information.
For more information, call one of the following Canadian Processing Centres:
|Phone number||Region||Hours of operation|
|1-866-399-5887 is temporarily out of service. Please call one of the numbers listed below.||Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec||N/A|
|800-842-7647||Residents of Ontario and the United States||Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
|866-496-3987||Residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and the Yukon||Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT
How will you be travelling?
Consult United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Appeals if your membership has been revoked by U.S. CBP.
- Date modified: