From: Canada Border Services Agency
NEXUS is designed to speed up border crossings into Canada and the United States (U.S.) for low-risk, pre-approved travellers. It is jointly run by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
NEXUS memberships are valid for 5 years. There is a $50 (USD) non-refundable application processing fee.
Travelling with your family? Everyone needs their own card to benefit. Children under 18 are free.
Avoid long line-ups and save time when entering Canada by using:
- self-serve NEXUS kiosks and eGates at 9 major international airports
- Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 200 participating U.S. airports
- dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings
- NEXUS eGates at the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, Ontario and the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ontario
Also receive expedited clearance through security screening lines at major and select mid-sized airports in Canada without kiosks or eGates.
Entering the United States
When entering the U.S. from Canada, NEXUS members benefit from:
- Global Entry kiosks at 8 Canadian airports
- dedicated lanes at 16 land border crossings
- faster processing at all marine crossings
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: