From: Canada Border Services Agency
NEXUS is designed to speed up border crossings into Canada and the United States (U.S.) for low-risk, pre-approved travellers. It is jointly run by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
NEXUS memberships are valid for 5 years. There is a $50 (USD) non-refundable application processing fee.
Travelling with your family? Everyone needs their own card to benefit. Children under 18 are free.
Avoid long line-ups and save time when entering Canada by using:
- self-serve NEXUS kiosks and eGates at 9 major international airports
- Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 200 participating U.S. airports
- dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings
- NEXUS eGates at the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, Ontario and the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor, Ontario
Also receive expedited clearance through CATSA (Canadian Air Transport Security Authority) security screening lines, where available.
Entering the United States
When entering the U.S. from Canada, NEXUS members benefit from:
- Global Entry kiosks at 8 Canadian airports
- dedicated lanes at 16 land border crossings
- faster processing at all marine crossings
Report a problem on this page
This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.Report a problem by email
- Date modified: