NEXUS logo

1. Entering Canada by air

NEXUS members can enter Canada using the NEXUS self-serve kiosks at designated airports, regardless of where they are coming from. For example, a member returning to Canada from overseas and arriving in Montréal can use a NEXUS kiosk in Montréal.

NEXUS members do not need to complete a paper CBSA Declaration Card (Form E311) when using a self-serve kiosk at any Canadian airport where NEXUS is available.


  • Non-NEXUS members cannot go with you through a NEXUS kiosk, regardless of age
  • If you are crossing the border in the air, land or marine modes of transportation with currency or monetary instruments valued at Can$10,000 or more, you cannot use NEXUS. For more information: NEXUS Terms and Conditions and Travelling with Can$10,000 or more
  • NEXUS members who are also lawful permanent residents of the U.S. (Green Card holders) or Mexican nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when flying to or transiting through Canada by air. U.S. and Canadian citizens are exempted. Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada

Notice: Modernizing NEXUS Air Processing at Canadian Airports

The CBSA is modernizing the way NEXUS members are processed at Canadian airports. The existing NEXUS kiosks that use iris recognition technology will be replaced with new, modernized NEXUS kiosks that use facial verification technology. Vancouver International Airport will be the first to launch this new process in fall 2019, with other Canadian airports following in the ensuing months.

Date modified: