1. Entering Canada by air
NEXUS members can enter Canada using the NEXUS self-serve kiosks at designated airports, regardless of where they are coming from. For example, a member returning to Canada from overseas and arriving in Montréal can use a NEXUS kiosk in Montréal.
NEXUS members do not need to complete a paper CBSA Declaration Card (Form E311) when using a self-serve kiosk at any Canadian airport where NEXUS is available.
- before your next trip, please make sure that your NEXUS card is activated
- Log into your Trusted Traveler Programs online account and follow the instructions to activate your card
- non-NEXUS members cannot go with you through a NEXUS kiosk, regardless of age
- if you are crossing the border in the air, land or marine modes of transportation with currency or monetary instruments valued at Can$10,000 or more, you cannot use NEXUS
- NEXUS members who are also Mexican nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when flying to or transiting through Canada by air. U.S. and Canadian citizens and permanent residents are exempted from the eTA requirement, although U.S and Canadian permanent residents must travel with their passport and proof of permanent residence status.
- Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada
How will you be travelling?
Consult United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Appeals if your membership has been revoked by U.S. CBP.
- Date modified: