Pursuant to subsection 6(2) of the Canada Border Services Agency ActFootnote 1, I hereby authorize a person holding a position listed below, or a person authorized to exercise the powers or perform the duties and functions of one of those positions, to exercise the powers or perform the duties and functions of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness under the provision of the Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from the United States)Footnote 2 set out below.
This authorization comes into force on the date on which it is signed.
Dated at Ottawa, Province of Ontario, this 21st day of April, 2020.
The Honourable William Sterling Blair, P.C., C.O.M., M.P.
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
|Item||Order in Council
|Description of Power||Delegates|
|1||5(1)(b)||Delegated Authority – Determine whether it is in the national or public interest for a person who is charged with, or has been convicted of, an offence that is punishable with the death penalty in another country to be permitted to enter Canada for the purpose of making a claim for refugee protection.||
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Digitalization and Technology-Neutral Regulations Roadmap
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: