I hereby delegate, pursuant to subsection 9(1) of the Canada Border Services Agency ActFootnote 1, to the persons at the Canada Border Services Agency, holding the positions set out below and their respective successors, including in their absence, a person or officer authorized to act in the place of the holder of any such position, my authority with respect to a notice of violation as set out in the attached Schedule annexed hereto.
- Director General, Recourse Directorate
- Director, Recourse Directorate
- Manager, Recourse Directorate
- Senior Program Advisor, Recourse Directorate
This authorization replaces the previous delegation instrument dated January 4, 2006 and comes into force on April 1, 2010.
Dated at Ottawa, in the Province of Ontario, thisday of March 2010.
Canada Border Services Agency
Agriculture and Agri-food Administrative Monetary Penalties Act Sections 8(1), 9(2)(b), 12(1) and 13(1)
My authority, with respect to a notice issued under subsection 7(2) of the Agriculture and Agri-food Administrative Monetary Penalties Act, as it relates to the delivery of passenger and initial import inspection services performed at airports and other Canadian border points other than import service centres:
- to conduct a review, where requested under subsection 8(1) of the Act by a person named in a notice of violation containing a warning, to determine whether or not the person committed the violation, and to cause a notice of any decision under subsection 12(1) of the Act to be served on the person who requested the review as set out in that subsection; and
- to conduct a review, where requested under paragraph 9(2)(b) of the Act by a person named in a notice of violation with penalty, to determine whether or not the person committed a violation, and whether the amount of the penalty for the violation was established in accordance with regulations made under the Act, and if not, to correct the amount of the penalty for the violation, and to cause a notice of any decision under subsection 13(1) the Act to be served on the person who requested the review as set out in that subsection.
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Digitalization and Technology-Neutral Regulations Roadmap
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: