The eDeclaration mobile app helps to save time at the border upon arrival in Canada.
The mobile app:
- Is quick, simple and secure;
- Operates entirely in airplane mode (once downloaded);
- Stores only non-sensitive information;
- Allows you to create a declaration for up to five travellers with the same place of residence; and
- Reduces your processing time at a Primary Inspection Kiosk by up to 50% upon arrival.
Most travellers, including returning residents and foreign nationals, arriving at a Canadian airport with Primary Inspection Kiosks.
- Unaccompanied minors, and
- Travellers with a non-machine readable travel document.
Can NEXUS members use the app?
NEXUS kiosks do not work with the mobile app. NEXUS members can use the app as a regular traveller, in conjunction with a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
What to do
Before you arrive
- Download the eDeclaration mobile app for free onto your smartphone or tablet.
- Create and save your traveller profiles.
- Select "My Declaration" and answer the questions to create your quick response (QR) code.
Upon arrival in Canada
- Scan your QR code at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
- Scan your travel document, take your photo and confirm your declaration on-screen.
- Take your kiosk receipt to a border services officer.
How to scan your QR Code
What airports accept eDeclaration?
eDeclaration can only be used at airports where Primary Inspection Kiosks are available. As new airports are added we'll update the app.
Your feedback on our mobile application will help us improve future releases. Send us your compliments, comments or complaints or take a few minutes to rate or review the app.
Please include as much information as possible to help us better understand the nature of your feedback, such as arrival airport, mobile device you used (type of device, version, operating system), etc.
We heard your feedback:
Regarding difficulties in scanning the QR code, we incorporated enhancements for each airports’ kiosk. Make sure you select your correct arrival airport when preparing your declaration on the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to use the mobile app?
The mobile application is safe and secure. It was designed to limit data collection and ensure your privacy. Within the app you are identified only by a nickname. Upon arrival, your declaration will be reconciled with your legal name when you scan your travel document at a Primary Inspection Kiosk.
Do I need an internet connection to use the app?
Once downloaded onto your mobile device, you do not need an internet connection to use the app. The eDeclaration app operates entirely in airplane mode and can be safely used during your flight to Canada.
What if I don't have a mobile device?
If you do not have a mobile device, you will complete an on-screen declaration at a Primary Inspection Kiosk upon arrival.
How do I scan my QR Code at a Primary Inspection Kiosk?
Make sure you select your correct arrival airport when preparing your declaration on the app. Do not select a language when you arrive at the kiosk. Simply scan your QR Code.
If you are arriving at Ottawa, Edmonton, or Toronto Billy Bishop airports, hold your device so that the QR Code is facing up to scan.
If you are arriving in Vancouver, Halifax, Montreal, Quebec City, Winnipeg, or at Terminal 3 of Toronto Pearson, hold your device so that the QR Code is facing down to scan.
- Date modified: