Language selection


Get a permit to cross the Canada-U.S. border at remote areas: 2. Who is eligible

To apply for a Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC) Program permit, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada or the United States or have a right of entry under the Indian Act.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., you must meet normal Canadian visitor legislative requirements, as described in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for more information on immigration requirements for visitors to Canada.

You may not qualify for a program permit if any of the following applies:

Family permits

A family may consist of:

Children under 18 years of age must be the applicant or the applicant's spouse’s children. Children under the legal guardianship of the applicant are also eligible for a permit.

Applicants under 18 can be a principal applicant with a written authorization from their parents/legal guardians.

Please list all children under 18 years of age that may be travelling to Canada in the next year.

Dependents cannot be added after the permit has been processed.

Report a problem on this page

This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.

Report a problem by email
Date modified: