Combat counterfeit products: 5. After you apply

From the Canada Border Services Agency

After you apply

You must notify the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) immediately if:

  • your contact information changes (including address, telephone number)
  • any circumstances change that may affect your copyright, trademark or geographical indication registration with the Canadian Intelectual Property Office or the CBSA (such as a change in ownership or its expiration)

Applications to request assistance are valid for 2 years. Renew your request by sending the CBSA another application form before the expiry date to ensure continuous protection of your trademarks, copyrights and/or geographical indications.

The CBSA will not issue reminders that assistance requests are about to expire. It is the sole responsibility of the rights holder/owner to make sure renewal requests are received in time for processing.

Date modified: