Combat counterfeit products: 2. Who is eligible

From the Canada Border Services Agency

2. Who is eligible

You are eligible to apply for assistance from the CBSA if you have:

  • Canadian trademark or geographical indication rights registered with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO)


  • a valid Canadian copyright

While it is recommended that copyright also be registered with CIPO it is not mandatory.

For more information on registering a copyright, trademark or geographical indication with CIPO, visit the CIPO website.

Date modified: