Notice - Cannabis
Despite the fact that cannabis (marijuana) is legal and regulated in Canada, it remains illegal to take cannabis across Canada's national borders, whether you are entering or leaving Canada. For more information, consult cannabis (marijuana) legalization.
How will you be travelling?
Consult United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Appeals if your membership has been revoked by U.S. CBP.
This is the official Government of Canada NEXUS application website.
NEXUS is designed to speed up border crossings for low-risk, pre-approved travellers into Canada and the United States (U.S.). It is jointly run by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. More benefits of NEXUS.
The NEXUS application processing fee is a non-refundable $50 (Can or US) for a five-year membership. Children under 18 are free!
NEXUS: Save time at the border!
Planning for the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel Renovations
The Windsor-Detroit Tunnel will be closed for renovations from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. on various days until June 2018. Visit the tunnel website for the tunnel closure schedule. NEXUS members can decrease crossing times during the Tunnel Renovation Project by using the Canada-bound NEXUS lanes available at the Ambassador Bridge and the Blue Water Bridge, Sarnia/Port Huron.
NEXUS for Mexican Viajero Confiable members
Using a third party representative? Things you should know
There is no need to have a third party complete your NEXUS application. Doing so may result in additional charges, which are not included in the $50 NEXUS fee. All applications are processed at the same rate, whether you submit an application or someone does it on your behalf.
What are the benefits?
- Avoid long line-ups and save time by:
- using automated self-serve NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada at nine major international airports and U.S. Global Entry kiosks for entry into the U.S.
- receiving expedited clearance through security screening lines at major and select mid-sized airports in Canada;
- receiving expedited clearance through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 180 participating U.S. airports. Visit NEXUS Air for more information.
- Enjoy a simplified entry process using dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings. Visit NEXUS Land for more information.
- When arriving to Canada by boat, report by phone to a Telephone Reporting Centre at more than 450 marine sites across Canada. Visit NEXUS Marine for more information.
For more information, call one of the following Canadian Processing Centres:
|Phone number||Region||Hours of operation|
|866-399-5887||Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec||Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET
|800-842-7647||Residents of Ontario and the United States||Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
|866-496-3987||Residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and the Yukon||Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT
- Date modified: