It is recommended that you reapply to the NEXUS program approximately three months before your membership expires. Your membership in NEXUS is valid for five years. Please note that a streamlined renewal process is now in place. It is no longer necessary for the majority of renewing members who have not had changes to their information and have maintained their low-risk status to attend an interview. NEXUS members are encouraged to renew their membership online through the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). Alternatively, members may also reapply by submitting a paper application form.
For each five-year NEXUS membership, there is a non-refundable processing fee of CAN$50 or US$50 per applicant. Membership renewal for eligible children under the age of 18 is free of charge.
Your membership is valid until the expiry date indicated on your NEXUS card. If your membership card does not have an expiry date, please call one of the following Canadian processing centres:
- 1-866-399-5887 (Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec)
- 1-800-842-7647 (Residents of Ontario and the United States)
- 1-866-496-3987 (Residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and the Yukon)
You can use your NEXUS membership card whether you travel in the air, land or marine mode of transportation.
- How to use NEXUS in the air mode
- How to use NEXUS in the land mode
- How to use NEXUS in the marine mode
- What are biometrics?
- Date modified: