Canada Border Services Agency
Symbol of the Government of Canada

ARCHIVED - Tariff Notice 13-01

Warning This page has been archived.

Archived Content

Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.

Ottawa, December 19, 2012

January 1, 2013 Version of the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) wishes to advise that the “PDF format; By Chapter – T2013”, “PDF format; Complete Tariff T2013”, “Microsoft Access® format” and “CADEX Formatted” files for the January 1, 2013 Department Consolidation of the Customs Tariff (Tariff) are now available on the Customs Tariff page of the CBSA website.

The 2013 Tariff contains scheduled rate reductions that were all previously announced, as well as several necessary editorial and grammatical amendments. These amendments do not change the scope of the provisions but are nonetheless marked by change bars in the left margin. Please note that no changes have been made to the numbering.

For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling for tariff classification. Details on how to make such a request are found in CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, a copy of which can be found on the CBSA website.

For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada, call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time / except holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.

If you have a problem accessing the PDF Tariff files on the tariff webpage, please refer to our Document Formats page.

If you have questions regarding the paper copy of the Customs Tariff, which is printed and distributed by Public Works and Government Services Canada, please contact Government of Canada Publications.